Job Cost Accountant
About the Company
Intraworks Inc began as Albuquerque Safe & Alarm over 60 years ago providing safes, vaults, and financial security equipment to a large variety of companies in the Southwestern United States. Our ancestry has given us a solid foundation in providing superior products and services to the most discriminating clients. Today, Intraworks has emerged as one of the nation’s top leaders* in integrated systems technologies offering effective, affordable, easy-to-use solutions to a wide range of businesses, government entities, institutions and homes.
The Construction Cost Accountant fulfills an important role, managing the cost controls of projects including; project expenditures, change order compliance, and project financial status. Reporting to the Controller, you will work closely with the executives, project managers and project teams.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to all the financial aspects associated with assigned projects.
- Continually review processes and methods to ensure and increase accuracy, relevancy and timeliness.
- Know the terms of contracts for each project.
- Ensure invoices submitted for approval, are accurate and appropriate per the executed contract and contract documents.
- Ensure invoices are compliant with the schedule of values compared to project progress and contract terms.
- Manage change orders to verify compliance with the following; contracted unit pricing, labor-rates, contractual fees, overhead and insurance.
- Track lien holds, contingencies and other project allowances associated with projects.
- Performs special projects/analysis as required with emphasis on process improvement.
- Develops and prepares supplemental daily, weekly, month-end, quarterly and annual reports for management.
- Audits source data from other functions, such as sales and operations, for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage and maintain the collections
- Support the controller in other areas as assigned
The listed responsibilities are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Other duties may be assigned based on business need and senior management.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting and or 3-5 years equivalent work-related experience in supporting a commercial/industrial technical installation/service/business systems team with life safety system industry experience preferred. . Minimum of 3 years financial (AR/AP etc.) experience in a commercial/industrial technology setting.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to define problems/issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete business/financial variables. Excellent communication skills to interface internally and externally with all levels of an organization and to participate in problem solving/quality improvement activities. Ability to lead, motivate, encourage and manage varying resources in order to accomplish business objectives.
Leadership Responsibilities: Does not include direct managerial responsibilities at this time. However, this position requires the ability to positively influence varying levels of employees in order to obtain the desired results in a timely manner. Therefore, this position is key in role modeling company values, culture, and overall professional demeanor. In addition, this position is critical to the image of the company with external customer/vendor/supplier interactions and as such, must present the highest degree of poise and polish regardless of the complexity or heightened sense of urgency with the situation (s).
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate financial figures and amounts such as; discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages etc… Work with generally accepted business/financial mathematic equations in order to ascertain overall performance of Business Systems functions.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement 401K
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit Paycheck
- Weekly Pay Schedule
To apply for this position, simply click the “Apply Now” button on this page to be directed to our online application. Thank you!